I’ve been working on a number of projects to incorporate holdings data into preservation decision-making at UCLA Library. The first paper from that, co-authored with Dawn Aveline and Annie Peterson, is forthcoming in an ALCTS Monograph, Shared Collections: Collaborative Stewardship.
The current pre-print draft and supporting materials are available below, along with links to presentations and related work that draw on our study. All links cited in these documents were checked and copied to an archive file on January 7, 2015, and access is available by request. You can use the comment form to contact us about the work.
- “Endangered Species and Dangerous Metaphors“, a presentation for the Print Archive Network Forum, January 30, 2015, at the ALA Midwinter Conference in Chicago, IL.
- Scarce and Endangered Works: Using Network-level Holdings Data in Preservation Decision-making and Stewardship of the Printed Record.
Revised version 7, of 14 Nov 2014
- Original Whitepaper. Draft of 19 Sept 2011.
- Dataset. Draft of 19 Sept 2011.
- Heritage Hot Potato. Draft of 19 Sept 2011.
(Text edited for clarity 4 Feb 2015)
- Preservation Decision Making Costs. Draft of 4 Feb 2015.
(Deprecated Version of 19 Sept 2011)